Thursday, April 1, 2010

For progress, harmony, and corrupt public officials

In my quest for fame and excessive amounts of money, I have been searching for what will be the next big google or facebook, and invent it before someone else does. My extensive research has lead me to the ultimate Web 3.0 application for the world's greatest emerging market. As you may know, Web 2.0 brought a revolution of user usability to the world wide web. Web 3.0 in the world's greatest emerging market--China--will occur when China removes all the scofflaws from the internet and finally reaches their long sought-after state of a "harmonious" society (I suspect this will also involve turning Xinjiang into an oil-producing golden-calf and Uighurs into a tourist attraction). When this occurs I will make the official roll-out of my great website: eharmonize.com. It will become a monopoly to the online Chinese dating scene. With the advent of Web 3.0, users will not only have incredibly useful applications at their fingertips, but they will also be required to use and abide by them.

My application has a couple key points that will make it irresistible to the Chinese. First, it will pair people in a scientifically proven manner to maintain China's long-sought-after harmony. Second, as with all dating sites, there are right and wrong answers to questions. Users who answer questions incorrectly will be removed from the system and thus the gene pool (choices are currently designated with the text "removed"). This prevents those people from replicating themselves into more scofflaws.

To demonstrate its usefulness, I've included a few key questions that will be used to generate successful and harmonious matches:

1. On long walks, I like to
a. What!? Who do you think I am!? A peasant? I don't walk. I am a successful business-person and drive wherever I need to go!
b. Look at the stars or sky (when not covered by suffocating pollution levels).
c. Think about how fortunate I am to live in such a great country.

2. I would like to have __ children.
a. 0
b. 1
c. 2 (removed)
d. Many! :) (removed)

3. I would like my suburban house at the end of a culdesac to be painted (assuming china follows the path of America in modernization)
a. brown
b. gray
c. light blue

4. My favorite chairman of the communist party is: (write-in)
Only correct answer: "60% Mao, 40% every other chairman"

No comments:

Post a Comment