Thursday, October 7, 2010

So You Think You Can Show the Normed Linear Space of the Continuous Functions on the Closed Interval From 0 to 1 is a Banach Space in the InfiniteNorm

I could see it in their eyes. In the way they were alight with excitement and interest. In the way their voices formed words that pushed forward beyond my sight. In the way others referred to them and their actions with part amusement, part curiosity and part admiration.

I recognized it the moment I saw it. I recognized it from what seems like a lifetime ago, but I could relate to it like it was yesterday. And I know I need to go back to that. I do not know how or if it is even possible, but a determination was triggered in me. I came across some spectacular things in my past, but I lacked the experience to understand them or their worth, and in my naivety I let go of many things I should not have. It still is not always easy to assess the values of things, but at least I know the pricelessness of some.

If I ever do make it back, was the deviation worth it? if only to value what I have? I probably have more control over the answer than I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment